It's the Green Hat

It's the Green Hat
Hot in the cold!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What would you do with the money you spend on gas in a lifetime?

What would you do with all the money you spen on gas in a lifetime? Good day Everybody!,   Oh and by everybody I mean a whopping "welcome" to Malaysia, Morocco, Indonesia, Romania and Mexico! A mis amigos latinos, yo hablo espanol tambien! Creo que todos los humanos necesitan conocer mas de solo uno idioma!
 Now...on with the blog! It shall baffle and delight you all to know that my Mom will be reading today's blog. My first thought was, "my college English teaching mother will grill me over all grammatical errors" and then I thought, "will I still be able to keep it real with my audience and be OK with my Mom taking a looksie at my blog?".  In short, I just turned 30 and while I certainly respect my Mom (I still say yes mam and no mam), it's my blog and I owe it to you all worldwide to keep things as lively and a raucous as before! 
Today's Topic: What would I or could I do with the amount of money I have spent on gas in a lifetime? According to popular sources the average American spends 2,384 dollars a year on oil and gas for their vehicle! Let's say the average lifespan these days are around 70 years of age (I'm African American ...so give or take 10 or 15 years depending....).  I'm no math teacher, but I know 70 x 2,384 is 166,880 dollars! That's 166,880 dollars that you have nothing bit riding memories to show for it...wait, nothing tangible to show for it!  All this water in the world and we have to use gas in order to move cars?!? Good grief! With an extra 166,880 dollars every American in the US could easily buy and pay off a semi modest home! Could you imagine if everyone in your county had their own home? Or how about every child could afford a moderate college education!?!  But instead we have to go to BP, Shell, QT (love the friendly QT staff though), Aamco, Chevron and pay them for something that we know we will have to pay them again for shortly in the future! Gimmie my d@mn house and free college education! If not, could I at least get a frigging half off coupon!? Couldn't the had staions at least have an internal lotto of free gas prizes?!? They don't even try. But, but, I digress.

Question to you all: What would you do with an extra 166,880 dollars? Have an excellent Tuesday! To have my blog sent to your email address, a fan at:  http://30yotada.blogspot.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment