It's the Green Hat

It's the Green Hat
Hot in the cold!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Forreal forreal????

Its the new year (2011), which supposedly means its time for a new attitude, a new lease on life and attacking the normal in an abnormal type of way (apparently its the time that you say the same thing three different ways in a sentence as well!!!). That being said, why is it that ex's or past significant others try to rekindle around the new year? I mean really it just seems trite or contrived or not genuine (if I called it fake, then it would seem to be malicious). I dont think the intent of the ex's and past significant's are to be mean and cause a disruptance.... I just think they run to what is comfortable during this "season of needed companionship".
Really, you wouldn't think I would become upset about this. I mean its kinda like getting a second chance with someone, but the problem is that I cant help but feel like a rebound or like a "space taker" until someone new comes around. The sad part is that I really really liked one of the individuals, but my stupid PRIDE, says, "oh noooo Tada, don't you fall for it, don't you be weak and let these folks sneak their way back into your life".
But.....(cause there is always a flip side) what if it is the individual finally "getting it right" for the new year? I mean what if the individual (now possible perspective dater) has decided to get it together? I mean, what if it is them finally coming to their senses and going for what they should have gone for in the previous year(s)? Should you give them a chance or should you let your pride, keep you from going down the road already traveled? No point in punishing the person who learned their lesson right? And if you liked them before and you still like them now, are you doing yourself a disservice by letting your pride get in the way?
Well, for now I am going to continue to try to play it smooth. To be honest, I am still in the ....try to find the ulterior motive phase. ....In short, dont be getting all lonely around the end and beginning of the year and then want to holler cause you dont have anybody. How about you holler because you have a genuine interest (in me) and you want to start off on the right foot?


P.S. - Oh and if anyone can give me any ideas on how to tell if the person is genuine or just phishing for company...please do tell!

PPS- if you're reading this and you fall under the category....it is what it is...(about five folks are doing this now!)

TA

No comments:

Post a Comment