It's the Green Hat

It's the Green Hat
Hot in the cold!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Take out or Delivery?

Merry Saturday Everybody,

Wow, talk about a slamming carefree day! ...Or at least I hope you all are having one as well too. Let's get down to it. Around 11am (due to various reasons) I begin to look around for lunch. Opposite popular beliefs, I actually have plenty of food in the refridge and snackies in the cupboard. However, what I did not have was crab rangoon, fried wontons or tres leche cake.
I had it in mind to order the Chinese food and forgo the cake (see where laziness gets you). However when did it become customary for the restaraunts to charge a delivery fee?!? I could see if that delivery fee went to the driver or towards the tip...but oh no, unh uh, that ain't and isn't (yeah I said it) the case! So let's break this down a bit...earlier thus week I ordered a 10.00 dollar pepperoni pizza from The Hut place. After taxes and fees the pizza was 13.00 dollars (which is three Ceasars and breadsticks with marinara). Then I felt obligated to tip my driver (four his four miles of driving) 4.00. So for a 10.00 pizza I'm out 17.00. That's ridiculous!!! ...Same deal for the Chinese delivery. There was a 10.00 minimum for orders within three miles and 15.00 dollars for orders 5 miles out.
After thinking about possibly being had again, I manned up, ordered TAKE OUT and sprang for the tres leche cake (the groceria is located in the same plaza). I spent 10.85 after everything was said and done! That beats the mandatory 7 to 8 bucks worth of general purpose fees I would have incurred had I taken the easy way out.
So what am I saying...? I'm saying, best go live in a place that has an abundance of convenient shops, shoppes, restaraunts, liquor stores,pizza shacks,chicken joints and gas stations or get used to general purpose fees!
Oh and a quick not about the weekeend *Suprise! I was surprised by a hot admirer, *Surpise, I git free SHOWtime for three months and afterwards for only 10.00 duckies afterwards and *Surprise! I talked with an old friend today an that was every bit of alright (T.A ;)
P.S. - Today I checked the stats and my blog has over 100 views!!! Not bad for a fee days back at the reigns! Thanks for reading and if you like it, please become a follower by clicking the link!
I hope you all enjoy the rest of your day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment