It's the Green Hat

It's the Green Hat
Hot in the cold!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

When did having a carpeted home go out of style!?

Good evening World,



I hope everyone is doing well.  We have an awful lot to be thankful for (you know, the living, breathing, seeing and thinking processes we are all able to execute).  As I sit on my couch after a very very long afternoon of track practice I began to feel like my muscles are tightening.  As a Coach, I know that means its time to stretch and get fluids into your system.  As a guy from Montgomery, Alabama, this means it is time to get off the couch and onto the floor.

Thanks goodness I have carpet or it would be a very very painful stretching process!  From these thoughts, I then think of how it is almost not modern to have carpet in your home.  At what age is it that adults began to think about the upkeep it takes to have carpet?  It seems as though when everyone starts out to buy a home (or lease an apartment) they look for a place with carpet.  The carpet is all new smelling, lavish and plush to the touch.  Then about two or three years later, everyone goes and yanks out their carpet and replaces it with "lovely" hardwood floors.

Sure, the hardwood floors are easier to clean.  Yeah, I get that.  But, what about the comfortability of lying on the floor or making a pallet on the floor and watching TV?  There is something to be said about stretching out on the floor of your home and not having to get up immediately because the cold, hard floor is dusty.  Is it that when you have kids, you keep the carpet and when you don't...you don't keep the carpet?  Or is it strictly an energy saver for some?

All I know is, this country boy, is sticking with the carpet!  That's right, keep your easily scratched and scuffed floors!  They are hard, less inviting and definitely less comfortable.  If the home is where you can relax, then carpet is where it is at.  ....except for in the bathrooms and the kitchen (cause cmon, Momma didn't raise no fool).

That's just my two bits people!

Have a Great Wednesday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment