It's the Green Hat

It's the Green Hat
Hot in the cold!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Just because I have a DVR, doesn't mean I stop watching the commercials!

Happy Friday Eve Everybody!,

  I have been a proud DVR owner for over three years now.  Oh the shows I have recorded, deleted, paused, episodes I kept for keepsakes and the friends I have entertained....such, wonderful memories of past and present services rendered by this magic box.  One of the main perks to the dvr is fast forwarding though the commercials.  No listening to annoying ads, no waiting through agonizing minutes of nonsense before you find out if Agent Gibbs of NCIS was shot or was the bullet a miss.  Yes, the DVR has pretty much changed the whole way in which we watch TV.

  But you see, that's the whole problem.  I began having a hard time focusing on one episode or even really enjoying some of my favorite TV shows.  I became puzzled as to the reason why I was fidgeting, not finishing shows, fast-forwarding through shows and robotically staring at a screen that once gave me so much joy.  After much thought and consideration, I narrowed the answer to one suspect:  I was missing out on the commercials!  Yup, seems that when I watch tv with commercials, I dont fidget, because I know there will be a break soon. I dont fast forward to hurry the show, because I dont worry about focusing too long...cause there will be a break.  Also...commercials add variety to the TV watching experiences and (partially) informs us of the latest "it" or "what's hot".  ...let's face it, every now and then, even I catch a funny (lol worthy) commercial.

 So, I now say, ...let the commercials stay.  If you rush through all of life, you will forget the parts where you're supposed to relax!

Have a Great Evening!!

Become a fan of my blog by clicking the fan button at the top of the page!

No comments:

Post a Comment