It's the Green Hat

It's the Green Hat
Hot in the cold!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Baked fried chicken IS NOT fried chicken!

Good evening World,

I hope everyone is on the up and up!  I would like to officially welcome Denmark and Japan to the reading flock.  Welcome!  On this Friday eve, I was wondering what in the world would I blog about today.  By the time I paid my 2.75 for lunch, I figured out exactly what I would talk about.



In an attempt to be health conscious, I tried the baked fried chicken.  Now, to be honest, the chicken looked really great.  It was golden brown, seemingly crispy and even aromatic.  I took my tray, I added fixings in each compartment.  There were mashed potatoes, collard greens, peaches, the baked fried chicken breast and an Arnold Palmer(sweet tea and lemonade mixed).  Oh yeah, lunch was set and I was ready to go in!  I sat down, I sanitized my hands and I picked up my prize piece of chicken.  I took a bite. 

....next thing I know, I am grabbing for the Arnold Palmer and trying to drown my esophagus in order to flush the chicken down.  Ive been in deserts that contained more moisture than this chicken!  Each bite was a non crispy dried out catastrophe after the other.  I thought to myself...looked and smelled like fried chicken..then it must be (right?).  I got up immediately and asked the kitchen, "what's the deal with the chicken?".  My answer was "Oh baby, dis is baked fried chicken...its healthy.".  MORE LIKE IT WAS DISGUSTING!

Why torture avid chicken fans by not keeping it real?  I threw the uneaten plate away in disgust.  Hmmph!  If anyone ever offers you this baked fried chicken mess....run, run far far away Forrest!

Have a banging evening!

Join my blog by clicking the fan/follow button at the top of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment