It's the Green Hat

It's the Green Hat
Hot in the cold!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

How about a "No Baby" Shower?

  Good Evening Everybody!

Today has certainly been a busy Monday.  Not that it was particularly unpleasant, just very busy.  I am asked over 100 questions a day (give about 50 questions more on really interesting lecture days).  By the end of the day, I am out of answers!  Even on things that I know I have the answers on...such as:  What's your date of birth?, What's your middle name?  Are you hungry?  How many siblings do you have? .  Even the simple answers become one big amalgamation of thoughts that spew out randomly in front of an unasuming audience.

On to today's topic:  How about giving me a "No Baby" Shower?  That's right, I said it!  Over the last year, all my closest friends have managed to have a baby or become pregnant.  Good good, congratulations, I really am (really I am) very happy to welcome a new member of my "family" into this world.  However, I have been ransacked for presents, time, food and patience!  #1 I am a man, and I should not be made to go to your baby shower!  I do however believe that I should most certainly give a gift.  If you must have a baby shower, can it be some place like at a restaraunt?  That way, I can eat, leave a gift and dip out before you all began playing those ridiculous baby games. 



I believe that if someone reaches the age of 30 and they have not had a baby, then all their friends with babies should throw them a "Happy You Have No Baby Shower".  The way I look at is is that by the time you are 30, you have spent over 2 to 300 dollars on parties that you have not planned nor asked for.  Why not a little appreciation for the single and childless friends of yours? 

***There are a few of you who may read this that I have rsvp'd for your shower, resisted your shower or that you plan on inviting me to your shower.  ....well, if you have enough leverage, I'll capitulate ( yes, Tina, I'll be there and I will smile about it), but aside from Tina.....you better have some leverage!

Now, where's my party?

Have a Great Evening Everybody!

2 comments:

  1. "Even the simple answers become one big amalgamation of thoughts that spew out randomly in front of an unasuming audience."

    This is an amazing sentence. You are so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a terrible person! No you don't get to have a "no baby" shower...that's called "everyday life" for you. You get to come and go as you please, get the joys of having kids ( by being godfather to mine) without all the responsibility, and get the best home-cooked meals for free! I love you and thanks for coming to all 4 of my baby showers!! Lol!

    ReplyDelete