It's the Green Hat

It's the Green Hat
Hot in the cold!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Today's Topic: I'm a slave to my cellphone...there, I said it!

Good afternoon World,

I hope everyone has safely made it through their Monday.  (For me) This week is going to be filled with great times and hard work.  The interesting part is, that I am not sure if I am ready for it.  ....however, just like The Fugees sang, "ready or not, here I come, you cant hide.".  There is nothing to do but grip it and rip it.  Batter up!


While I am going full speed ahead, I notice that I do this obsessive patting of my pants leg.  As I go down the hall at work, I pat my pants leg.  As I sit down for lunch, I pat my pants leg....as I leave the bathroom, I pat my pants leg (...okay that last one was just solely for the purposes of drying my hands).  What am I patting about for?  Simple, the answer is that I am doing a phone check.  That's right, I am making sure that my phone is on my person. All day long, I automatically check to make sure that I'm not without my hand held laptop.  The last thing I want to do is leave it!

Sad part is that I was born in 1980.  I did not get used to having a cell phone with me until 1999!  For a period of 19 years, if I were out, then I was out.  My answering machine let me know who missed me...when I arrived home.  Now... let me leave my house without my phone, bet I am going right back home to retrieve my precious!  ...Hmmm I wonder, if it is really that convenient if I can't live without it?

I'm just saying!

Have a Splendiferous Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment